I am technology enthusiast that loves coding, learning new potential technology and watching technological TV series, ir also create time to hang out with friends and play FIFA video game.
My Nickname is GOLDEN, but you can call me The Last CodeBender in terms of web development or software engineering in general, because of my default Telekinesis programming power. Am like Averta the last air bender, master of all element (Air, water, fire and earth). This is how i master the elements of back and front-end development.
DO YOU NORMALLY CODE FROM SCRATCH OR YOU USE TEMPLATE?
Even though i have the skills to code both the back and from-end from scratch, i always ask myself if i have the time to code from scratch regarding the project deadline. I also check if the layout is advanced or basic.
For example, if i know of a template with the exact layout i want to achieve or a website layout that i already done before, then i go for it and then code the back end from scratch if the project is web application. I still have to dive into the template code to customize it base on the project requirement. In addition, the solution, testing and debugging is easier when i build it up on my own or in a team from scratch.
DO YOU PREFER TO WORK ALONE OR IN A TEAM?
I am highly comfortable working on a team, but i also have the ability to work independently and plan my own solutions to potential problems. In University, i work very hard in my personal coursework in order to be the best, but i also enjoyed being in a project (coursework) group. Each required a different kind of team player, but the overall goal of learning to be a member of a group was invaluable.
I am comfortable working alone and in a group depending on the project and the organization that am working for. I am happy to work on my own as a freelancer or if the task is easy enough for me to tackle on my own without requiring collective brainstorming from other developers. However, i welcome working with a team to handle a project together, if the task is a high priority and complex, or the company need me to work in a team.
From research and my experience, many projects need a combination of independent work and brainstorming depending on their various elements. As a Full Stack Developer (Software Engineer), I work best in a quiet environment when I’m actually coding. A computer with a processing power, plenty of RAM, internet access, headphones and it is a party for me. However, to say the truth, i find my best creative ideas when brainstorming, researching and collaborating or shearing ideas with other members of the development team.
HOW DO YOU SPEND YOUR HOLIDAYS?
I usually just work on several potential programming projects in order to improve my skills. I try to catch up with the new technology “programming language” in town. I play FIFA video game and play football a lot during holidays, and I watch excessively much TV series especially technological series. And for the last 5 holidays, I spend 3 weeks volunteering as a software engineer tutor, which makes me improve on my verbal presentation in public, it was ultimately a pleasant experience. Finally, I also create time to hang around with my friends.
HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW CODING (PHP, C#, JAVA AND MYSQL) AND WEB DEVELOPMENT IN GENERAL?
1. Working in agile development team.
While in university, I pay some of bills, working pert time in software Development Company. There I developed important skills, such as:
I finally master concept of web development both front and the backend, or server-side database technology early 2015.
These skills help me a lot to help my final year project group to score the highest grade in our project. The project all about developing web application for music tur, where there fans can visit and buy ticket for their events.
However, there is no end to what i can learn, because of my passionate about web technologies and programming in general. There are some technologies that i do not ignore from day one of my experience as a web developer, and these are; Responsive web designs, Databases, Frameworks, Protocols and API.
WHERE DO YOU NORMALLY GET YOUR SOLUTION TO POTENTIAL PROBLEMS?
In general, software application development takes a while to come up with a unique potential concept, and it’s also takes a while to deploy the final product to users, so we are always dealing with future.
I take a lot of my inspiration of nature because I personally grow-up in Africa where there are many unsolved problems to solve using information technology.
For example, if you look at planet earth, you will see that we leave in truly magical planet. Where we experience many wonders in aspect of technology and a lot of problems solve with technology, but that is not the end of the world because there are a lot of hidden potential problems out there that you have to be a genius or fully determine to figure one out.
Therefore, I reach into nature, I learn from it, see what the problem is, and apply it to my design and concept, and finally come up with a digitalize solution using my solid software engineering and programming skills.
Finally, I learn a lot from authentic tutors from YouTube tutorials, I also learn and help people with their questions in StackOverflow. In addition, I look at the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and also get and learn some of my resources (Skills) from places like http://www.developphp.com/,
https://www.lynda.com/ https://www.php-fig.org/psr/ etc.
NAME FIVE PEOPLE YOU WOULD MOST LIKE TO MEET?
1. James Gosling: He is the creator of the Programming language; Java.
2. Bill Gate: He is an American business magnate, investor, author, philanthropist, humanitarian, and principal founder of the Microsoft Corporation.
3 and 4. Larry Page & Sergey Brin: The founders of Google.
5. Edgar Frank Codd: He is the founder of relational database management systems.
WHAT ARE YOUR THREE FAVORITE MOVIES AND SERIES OF ALL TIME AND WHY?
1. Fast and Furious: The characters, cars and the act of illegal street racing where extraordinary.
2. The Avengers: I love the idea to bring together a group of remarkable people (superhero) to see if we could become something more. The movie makes me think and believe that i can transform my solid programming skills into super power.
3. Shaolin Soccer: I love watching comedey, Kung Fu and Soccer a lot, so bringing a former Shaolin monk reunites his five brothers, years after their master's death, to apply their superhuman martial arts skills to play soccer and bring Shaolin kung fu to the masses, was a great idea and creativity.
4. 24: Counterterrorism agent Jack Bauer fights the bad people of the world, a day at a time with the help of information technology. I learn more about technology in general from the series.
5. Person of interest: Former CIA agent Reese (Jim Caviezel) now presumed dead and billionaire software genius Finch (Michael Emerson) join forces as a vigilante crime-fighting team. Using Finch's program, which employs pattern recognition to determine individuals who will soon be involved in violent crimes, they combine Reese's covert-operations training and Finch's money and cyberskills to stop crimes before they happen. I really learn a lot about network technologies (security) from the series.
6. Game of Thrones: The series is an exciting thriller and a must watch for all movie enthusiasts. It's the depiction of two powerful families, kings and queens, knights and renegades, liars and honest men playing a deadly game for control of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, and to sit atop the Iron Throne.
IF YOU WERE TO HAVE ONE SUPERPOWER, WHICH WOULD IT BE? WHY?
I’d choose to have Time Traveler, which is the ability to control time, i can pause, forward or rewind the time. I’d choose it because I could achieve world peace with this power. I can visit historic time of all the prophets, and all the remarkable scientist and inventors to learn from them, and come back to the future to make some changes. With this ability, project deadline is not going to be a problem ever again.
HOW DO YOU SPEND YOUR LEISURE TIME WHEN NOT STUDYING? WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES?
I spend my leisure time watching my favorite technological TV series, playing FIFA video game and also create time to hang out with my friends. Some of my hobbies are learning latest technology, playing soccer and video games.
WHICH YEAR DID YOU GRADUATED? AND TELL ME ONE OF THE CHALLENGING PROJECT YOU DID IN YOUR FINAL YEAR?
I graduated in June 2015, from Middlesex University London (Mauritius Branch Campus)
with Bachelor of Science in
Information Technology and Business Information System. All the technical projects (coding) i did was like a bonus for me apart from one the that has to do with photo and video editing. You can Read More hear
and watch the final product here View Video
Even though i didn’t get the maximum score the way i score on the photo and video editing projects, am so happy to be one of the student that scored 69% and above at the end.
SHOW ME YOUR CODE
You can check my demo application from the menu bar or my Github ;